This episode turns up the volume on two heartbeats of the SharePoint community – the Ignite and SharePoint Conference (SPC) events. There is so much content and value at these events, we thought it would be helpful to hear from the event owners on why it’s worth your time and investment. Special guests include Jeff Medford, Director of Product Marketing for Microsoft 365 (Ignite), and Bill Baer, SharePoint Senior Product Marketing Manager (SPC). Chris and I chat with Jeff and Bill to get their inside-events scoop – to bring to light work behind the scenes, planning, purpose, audience goals, engagement highlights – and SWAG.
PLUS we have two BONUS GIVEAWAYS this episode: 1) a SharePoint spaces drone and 2) a full SPC19 conference pass; scroll down after you listen to learn more how to enter for a chance to win.
This is THE EVENTS episode. Go to one, two, four, seven of them – so many to choose from; have a listen and hope to see you at one (or many) in-person throughout 2019!
Two bonus Intrazone giveaways – enter for your chance to win
GIVEAWAY #1: Win a SharePoint spaces drone
Chris McNulty and Bill Baer have been to few/many/tons of events throughout their career – and they’ve immortalized this fact with office walls full of conference badges (see image below). Now guess how many they have been to combined. Tweet us your guess (a number) to @SharePoint and use the hashtag #BillChrisBadges. If you guess right – you could win a SharePoint spaces drone. Closest guess wins. And in the event of a tie – we may give more than one drone away, and/or use an unbiased AI to help select among the tie group. Turns out you do need them stinkin’ badges! 😊
GIVEAWAY #2: Win a FREE, full conference pass to SharePoint Conference 2019 (SPC19)
Tweet us a picture of you with ALL your conference badges (and/or SWAG) displayed in the most creative way you can imagine – showcasing all the events that you’ve been to, even if it’s just one or many, whatever that number is, just do it in a creative way. Send it to us via Twitter @SharePoint so that we can see the image and use the hashtag #SPC19PassGiveaway. We’ll choose the most creative one from all submissions AND announce the winner this Friday (Feb.8) at 5pm PT. Good luck.
And now, look for a few discount codes listed below among the list of links; next to the corresponding event that we have discount offers we can pass along to you …
Link to people, articles and resources mentioned in this episode
- The Intrazone Audience Survey
- SharePoint Conference 2019 Discount Registration Codes ($50 off registration fee); pick the speaker that you’re most excited to see, use that code when you register to save yourself money and give them kudos to let them know you’re interested in what they’re doing at #SPC19.
- “The Story of SPC” – a history blog by Bill Baer
- Microsoft Ignite | The Tour (various cities worldwide throughout 2019)
- SharePoint Conference North America, May 21-23, 2019, Las Vegas, NV; use one of these speaker codes to get $50 off your registration fee; pick the speaker that you’re most excited to see, use that code when you register to save yourself money and give them kudos to let them know you’re interested in what they’re doing at #SPC19.
- SPS Events, Twitter @SPS_Events (various cities worldwide throughout 2019)
- SharePoint FestWashington, D.C. April 29 – May 3, 2019, Twitter @SharePointFest
- SPTechCon, Austin, TX, February 10-13, 2019
- North American Collaboration Summit, Branson, MO, March 14-15, 2019
- AIIM Conference, San Diego, CA, March 26-28, 2019 – reg code “MICROSOFT” gets you $100 off.
- European Collaboration Summit, Wiesbaden, Germany, May 27-29, 2019
- Microsoft Business Applications Summit, Atlanta, GA, June 10-11, 2019
- ESPC, European SharePoint Conference, Office 365 & Azure Conference – December 2-5, 2019, Prague, Czech Republic
- Microsoft Build 2019, Seattle, WA
- Microsoft Demos
- Microsoft Tech Community; Microsoft Tech Community – events
- SharePoint Twitter @SharePoint
- Mark Kashman Twitter @mkashman
- Chris McNulty Twitter @cmcnulty2000
- Jeff Medford, Twitter @medford
- Bill Baer Twitter @williambaer
Listen to the show! If you like what you hear, we’d love for you to Subscribe, Rate and Review it on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to visit our show page to hear all the episodes, access the show notes, and get bonus content. And stay connected to the SharePoint community blog where we’ll share more information per episode, guest insights, and take any questions from our listeners (TheIntrazone@microsoft.com). We, too, welcome your ideas for future episodes topics and segments via The Intrazone survey. Keep the discussion going in comments below; we’re hear to listen and grow.
Thanks for listening!
The SharePoint team wants you to unleash your creativity and content services throughout the year. And we will do this, with events, one episode at a time.
The Intrazone links
- Show Page: https://aka.ms/TheIntrazone
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Play